Send encouragement ...

There are two ways: either send an email to prayformitch@gmail.com or click on the "Comments" button located on the lower right of any update entry.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Almost finished chemo

Mitch started his last bag of chemotherapy this afternoon. It runs for 24 hours but the end is sight! Last update, I told you he was feeling poorly in response to this particular chemical. Within an hour of that email, he started to feel much better. His nausea and extreme fatigue subsided and he perked up significantly. They have kept him on steroids to fight the mysterious lung inflammation. Since steroids are known to increase appetite, it is great that his nausea has subsided allowing him to eat when hungry. He continues to exercise regularly and do a much as he can to stay as healthy as possible.

It will be several days - perhaps a couple of weeks before we know whether or not the chemotherapy has done its job and put him fully into remission qualifying him for the cord blood transplant. We continue to pray for a miraculous healing as we wait for medical science to do its part.

Reflecting on 1 Peter 5:10 recently, "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." I find myself asking the Lord if Mitch hasn't already suffered "a little while" and "isn't time for you to restore him now?" I suppose it would be good for you to pray for my patience, too. :-)

Trusting Him who is able,

Marlene

2 comments:

Cathey said...

Mitch, seriously, you are my hero!!! The thought of even one more chemo regimen makes me shudder - you are such a trooper! If I could reach you, I would give you a HUGE hug!!!

Gina said...

Hi- folks from Maryland here and praying for you. No, I don't know you, but I know one of your good friends, Adam. And I will judge you by the company you keep :) You are on the top of our list for our prayer group. You really have had an incredible and inspiring journey. Also, congratulations to you and your wife on becoming a newlyweds. You know "they" say that the first year of marriage is the hardest:) I hope "they" are right and things start looking up!