Send encouragement ...

There are two ways: either send an email to prayformitch@gmail.com or click on the "Comments" button located on the lower right of any update entry.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to the hospital

Well, 65 hours outside of the hospital is better than none at all! Mitch was welcomed back to the UW Medical Center today around noon. He had spiked a bit of a fever over night accompanied with significant pain from the mucositis (definition: inflammation and ulceration of the mucous membranes lining the digestive tract.)

I say "welcomed back" because everyone we've seen tells us how genuinely happy they are to see us ... quickly followed by, "but I'm sorry that you've had to come back." It's an ironic situation. To be here surrounded by familiar faces and good healthcare is comforting; but to be here surrounded by the familiar faces and good healthcare is frustrating, too - because it indicates how sick Mitch still is!

We don't know how long the stay will be this time. Mitch will see his regular doctor tomorrow and we will get an idea of the game plan at that time. For now, they are treating him for pain, inflammation & potential infections the same as prior to his discharge last Thursday.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

Marlene

3 comments:

Steve said...

Dear Mitch,
I have been following you since my son, Vinnie, was diagnosed with ALL leukemia on Aug 8, 2007. I truely enjoy reading you posts and I pray for you and all that have been put on this long road. Please check out my blog at blogspot - droppin the bundle - it have a video of my son. He also has a www.carepage.com it is vinniethevaliant (all one word)

take care,
God Bless
Steve

Rev. Sue Wynn said...

Dear Mitch,
The Lord showed me that He is the same yesterday, today and forever, when He healed me of progressive MS seven years ago. Throughout my journey toward healing, I was receiving medical care, just as you are now. I don't think it is an accident that Jen Starr-Reivitt invited the FM women clergy group to encourage you, because I believe the Lord wants to encourage your faith, through my testimony. Please know that I am praying that He will heal You just as He did me. I was not a special case, but I threw away everything man had said about my illness, in order to say, "That's what they say, Lord, but what do You say?" He said to the blind men who came to Him to receive their eyesight, "Do you believe I am able to do this?" They said, "Yes, Lord!" (Matthew 9:28) I know that you have faith that Jesus heals, so Lord, let it be done!

Pastor Roberta said...

Dear Mitch,
You are on my heart and in my prayers. I will spread the word among my people about your story and blog. Thank you for being such a good example of how all of us can keep our eyes fixed on Jesus during crisis. Peace