Send encouragement ...

There are two ways: either send an email to prayformitch@gmail.com or click on the "Comments" button located on the lower right of any update entry.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Update

Saturday was a special day for us. Mitch and Chelsea were married in a wonderful celebration surrounded by family and friends. Mitch was detached from all his IV's and look very handsome in a suit next to his beautiful bride. We are extremely blessed and thankful for our new daughter.

Following the ceremony and pictures; cutting of the cake; toasting the couple; they were wheeled off in a double wheelchair which was decorated with a "just married" sign and dangling cups and streamers, etc. The staff had decorated Mitch's room where they went back and Mitch crashed
absolutely drained but happy. (You can see pictures of the wedding at www.easternskyphotography.com.)

He continues to work hard to get healthy enough for transplant. He is not giving up and we thank you for not giving up in your prayers for him! Mitch is walking at least 2 miles a day and working at his breathing exercises. The clock is ticking and he is highly motivated!!

Sunday was also a very special day. Supt Matt Whitehead had sent out a request for significant prayer & fasting on Mitch's behalf . Around 3 pm, Pastor David Carr, Matt Whitehead & Richard Taylor came in to pray with Mitch for healing. We all continue to pray for a miracle. Thanks for joining us.

After the wedding yesterday, Dr. Bar (Mitch's chief attending physician) made a point to talk with me. She agreed that it is a miracle that Mitch is as well as he is. Two weeks ago she did not think he would be able to stand there without oxygen, but God has strengthened both his lungs and his body. I told her that we pray for her wisdom often and she commented, "we need that all the time around here."

We're clinging to Jesus,

Marlene

4 comments:

Ja7 said...

Words continue to be far insufficient, but we want you to know that you (and your entire family) continue to be in our prayers! Congratulations on the wedding!! Mr. and Mrs. Mitchellina, you are such loved brother and sister... You truly are an inspiration to me and an example of faith lived out!

We don't begin to pretend to understand the how or why of this disease and/or situation, but we do have faith that your heart for God is what stands out the most!! You are truly setting a great example of something I strive for in life -to diligently seek God and I am proud to call my brother!!!

Whatever happens, I want you to know that I still think of the times playing old school video games in your house during sleep overs and you being the ever-consistent clown at sleep overs at our house - and through it all, your sincere, genuine, radiant love has left such an impact on my life that my life will always be influenced BY YOU!

With affection, you are my Mitchellina (boy we were lame in coming up with nick names... the best we could come up with: samantha, JC Penny, Mitchellina... we really sucked at it - but it brings with it great memories of a life I'd gladly relive with you and your whole family!)

You continue to be in our prayers, and I know that God is able to do far more than we can imagine - but no matter what I can imagine, I can't say enough how much I love you and truly cherish you as my brother. And this marriage brings so much joy to us as we think of how happy you make us... just to look at the pictures, it is clear that Chelsea is another in line of joy that comes from Mitchell Al Thomas! You are gifted far more than you know, and I hope you have a glimpse into how much more you are loved!

Brother, Congratulations! And thank you for the impact you continue to have on my life! May you continue to sense the power of the Holy Spirit in your life as well as the work He is doing through you! We love you brother!!!!!!

Kelly said...

I was so touched by the news of Mitch and Chelsea's wedding. How cool that life goes on despite all the difficult circumstances. We are praying with you all and trust God that miracles can and do happen. I have never met you but have heard Mitch's story through my parents (Roger and Ellen Haskins) and through the blog. We continue to pray specifically for Mitch's strength to return so that a bone marrow transplant will be possible. My heart goes out to you as a family. May God bless you and surround you with His presence and peace.
Kelly Goldberg

Kari Morris-Guzman said...

Dear Mitch-
I've known about you for a long time and have prayed for you often. I probably have never met you, but have met Sam, Christy and your dad on several occasions through SoCal conference stuff. I just discovered this blog tonight through another friend's blog who is battling breast cancer. Many times I have received updates on your story through the conf. office here. Many many people are praying for you!

All that to say- I'm praying fervently for you, for your new wife Chelsea, and for your family. May Jesus be your Prince of Peace as you journey through this season of your life.

God bless you.
Kari Morris-Guzman
Riverside, CA

Unknown said...

Dear Mitch,

I'm a friend of Adam and Katie Roberts. They are two of your biggest fans, I think. We're praying for you in earnest in Maryland and are inspired by your tremendous faith. Congratulations on your wedding! We're pulling for you and praying for you like crazy.

Yours in Christ,
Stacy Ramos
Annapolis, MD